Flickr: Creative Commons Search (http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons)
- A collection of images published on Flickr using a Creative Commons license.
The Getty Open Content Program (http://www.getty.edu/about/opencontent.html)
- Over 87,000 images from the J. Paul Getty Museum and the Getty Research Institute available to be used without permission.
Library of Congress Digital Collections (http://www.loc.gov/library/libarch-digital.html)
- Access to print, pictorial and audio-visual collections and other digital services from the Library of Congress.
NY Public Library Digital Gallery (http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/index.cfm)
- Over 700,000 digital images from the New York Public Library's collections. Some of the images in the Digital Gallery may be subject to third party rights such as copyright and/or rights of privacy/publicity.
Public Domain Images (http://www.public-domain-image.com)
- Public domain images, royalty free stock photos, copyright friendly free images. Not copyrighted, no rights reserved. All pictures on this site are explicitly placed in the public domain, free for any personal or commercial use.
U.S. Government Photos and Images (http://www.usa.gov.edgesuite-staging.net/Topics/Graphics.shtml)
- A vast collection of photos and images from the U.S. Government, many of which are in the public domain and free to use.
Wikimedia Commons (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page)
- Image and photograph repository with detailed licensing rights and copyright information for each file.
World Digital Library (http://www.wdl.org/en)
- Primary materials from countries and cultures around the world, most are in the public domain.