Note: In order to download eBooks, you must have Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer. We recommend ensuring you have the most recent version of Digital Editions installed. This is a free download available at http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html.
To learn more about installing Adobe Digital Editions, please see: How do I install and authorize Adobe Digital Editions?
If you don't want to use Adobe Digital Editions, you can download and read eBooks within the EBSCO mobile app. Please see: Download and read books on a mobile device.
To download an eBook:
1. Click the Download icon for the eBook you would like to download.
If you are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you are prompted to do so. If you don't have an EBSCO login, you will need to create one.
2.Select a Download duration from the drop-down menu and confirm that you have Adobe® Digital Editions or equivalent reader software installed. (If you are on a tablet device, you must confirm that you have Bluefire Reader or an equivalent app installed.)
Note: For some titles, you may see the option to select either the PDF or ePub format for an eBook.
3. Click the Download button.
The eBook is added to the Checkout area of the folder, accessible from the upper-right corner of the EBSCOhost interface.
4. Select to Open or Save the file from the resulting dialog box.
If you Open the file, your eBook is opened with Adobe® Digital Editions.
If you Save the file, the eBook is saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions at a later time.
5. When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe® Digital Editions.
If when trying to download an eBook to Digital Editions you receive the following error message, E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12, you may need to completely remove any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to Adobe Digital Editions (cmd-shift-D if on Mac). Then restart Digital Editions, and reauthorize with your Adobe ID.
When downloading an eBook using the Chrome browser, the download will not automatically open but appears in the download bar at the bottom of the browser as URLLink.acsm. Click the download in the bar and select Open to open the eBook or select Always open files of this type to automatically open future EBSCO eBooks downloads in ADE.
The EBSCO Mobile app provides library users with an easy way to download and read titles from their library's EBSCO eBook collections. In addition, the app enables you to download eBooks and read them in the app without needing an Adobe ID or the Adobe Digital Editions app.
Downloaded EBSCO eBooks can be read in the app while offline if you have not logged out of the app. Simply access the downloaded eBook from your Liked items or the Recently Viewed list on the Home screen of the app.
Note: You must be signed into the App with your personal user account in order to download eBooks. If you are signed in with institutional credentials, you will be prompted to sign in with your account, unless the eBook is available without DRM restrictions.
See the EBSCO Mobile App Quick Start Guide on EBSCO Connect to learn about creating a Personal Account in the app.
1. Tap the magnifying glass in the menu at the bottom of the screen, enter your search terms in the search box and tap Search on your device's keyboard.
2. After receiving your results, tap the Source Type filter below the search box.
3. Tap the eBooks filter in the list and click Apply.
4. Tap an eBook result to see the details or download the title to the app.
Note: You can tap the Like button to add it to your Liked Items.
5. Tap the Access now button to view your reading options.
The details page tells you have many copies your institution has available for reading.
Note: If you are not signed into the app with a personal account, you are prompted to log in with your personal account or create one within the app when you tap the Access now button. Once signed in with your account, you are able to read the eBook.
6. Tap Download e-book to check out the eBook and download it to your device to read it offline.
Tap Read online to read the eBook in the app while you are online without downloading it to your device.
Note: The ability to read eBooks online is currently available in the EBSCO app for iOS devices. Support for Android devices is coming soon.
7. After choosing to download the eBook to your device, use the plus/minus buttons to select a checkout length and tap the Download e-book button.
The eBook is downloaded and opened in the app.
Downloading ebooks from the Internet Archive or EBSCO ebooks onto your computer requires that you have Adobe Digital Editions installed. Install this program before you download the ebooks for an easier time with opening and using them.
1. To download ebooks on internet archive, look for the download option on the right hand side of the screen, about halfway down.
2. You will be prompted to login. If you haven't made an account with Internet Archive, create one now and login.
3. Once you have logged in, choose which download option you want. You can find these on the right hand side of the screen about halfway down. Choose which one best fits your needs.
4. You will be prompted by your computer as to what program you want to use to open the file after you've download it. Search for Adobe Digital Editions on your computer to choose that or open Adobe Digital Editions and drag your downloaded file into it.
1. Download an Overdrive app
2. Once the app is downloaded, search for Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts under Add a Library to access our collection.
MCLA's Overdrive Collection is part of the SAILS library network. Choose SAILS Library Network.
3. Use the sign in button to access the collection.
4. Choose Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts from the drop-down menu.
5. The "sign-in" button will prompt you for your MCLA A number and password.
6. Now you're ready to borrow!
For more information on using Overdrive, visit their website.