The library has access to many electronic books through Ebsco.
A simple download process makes obtaining titles easy from any computer, and titles are compatible with most portable devices.
eBooks can be downloaded to your mobile device and read with the free Bluefire Reader app.
You will need the following:
Install Bluefire Reader App
Download the Bluefire Reader App from your device's app store:
Create an Adobe ID
If you have previously created an Adobe ID to download and read EBSCO eBooks with Adobe Digital Editions on your desktop computer, you already have an Adobe ID you can use to authorize the Bluefire app.
Note: You must authorize the Bluefire app with your Adobe ID.
Authorize Bluefire App with your Adobe ID
Before you download an eBook to Bluefire, you must authorize the app with your Adobe ID.
Please note: You will only need to authorize the BlueFire app with your Adobe ID once. After this has been done, you will only need to tap Download any time you wish to download and read an eBook on your device.
To Authorize the App:
Your device is now authorized to read EBSCO eBooks.
Checkout and Download an eBook
Next, locate an eBook you wish to download to your device and use the following steps to download it.
To download an eBook:
You may now begin reading the eBook on your device.
After your eBook checkout expires, the eBook file is still be on your device but can not be opened. You must remove the file manually by opening Bluefire and selecting to remove it from your library.
Downloading ebooks from the Internet Archive or EBSCO ebooks onto your computer requires that you have Adobe Digital Editions installed. Install this program before you download the ebooks for an easier time with opening and using them.
1. To download ebooks on internet archive, look for the download option on the right hand side of the screen, about halfway down.
2. You will be prompted to login. If you haven't made an account with Internet Archive, create one now and login.
3. Once you have logged in, choose which download option you want. You can find these on the right hand side of the screen about halfway down. Choose which one best fits your needs.
4. You will be prompted by your computer as to what program you want to use to open the file after you've download it. Search for Adobe Digital Editions on your computer to choose that or open Adobe Digital Editions and drag your downloaded file into it.
1. To download an EBSCO ebook, choose "Full Download" on the left hand side of the screen when viewing the book's information.
2. You will be asked to sign into EBSCO. If you have not created an account for EBSCO, create one now and then login.
3. You can borrow a book for up to 7 days, which is what the default checkout period is. You must click on the checkbox next to "I have Adobe Digital Editions or equivalent installed" in order to download the book.
4. Choose the Adobe Digital Editions program to open the file or save the file to your computer and drag it into Adobe Digital Editions as shown above.
1. Download an Overdrive app
2. Once the app is downloaded, search for Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts under Add a Library to access our collection.
MCLA's Overdrive Collection is part of the SAILS library network. Choose SAILS Library Network.
3. Use the sign in button to access the collection.
4. Choose Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts from the drop-down menu.
5. The "sign-in" button will prompt you for your MCLA A number and password.
6. Now you're ready to borrow!
For more information on using Overdrive, visit their website.