Course Reserve Collection
The Course Reserve Collection is located at the Circulation Desk and is staffed all hours that the library is open. Students must use these items in the library and will need an MCLA ID to access them.
- For Course Reserve information, call 413-662-5321
Faculty Guidelines for Placing Materials on Course Reserve
Faculty may place a reasonable number of items on reserve at the Freel Library circulation desk for student use. These materials may be Freel Library books or media, personal copies or photocopies. They cannot be items borrowed from other libraries. For further information, please contact Glenn Lawson at 662-5326 or by email.
- To place material on Reserve instructors are asked to please use the Freel Library Reserve Request Form and deliver copies of readings to the circulation desk of the Freel Library in person. Please allow 48 hours for processing reserve requests.
- Material belonging to other libraries, whether obtained personally or through Interlibrary Loan, and videos obtained from an outside source (such as Netflix) may not be placed on Course Reserve.
- Due to space constraints and processing demands, a limit of 40 items per course is in place. Under exceptional circumstances, appeals to exceed this limit may be submitted to Glenn Lawson, Head, Access Services.
- If the Freel Library does not own the item you'd like to put on reserve you can place a personal copy of any commercially produced item on course reserve. Bring any personal copies you wish to place on reserve to the Reserve Desk of the Freel Library.
- The Freel Library will also attempt to order books needed for course reserve, provided they are not textbooks. Use our book/video request form well in advance of when the item is needed for Course Reserve to inquire about ordering books for Course Reserve that the Library does not own.